Compare Data Feed Tools
Finding the data feed tool that is right for you, is a daunting task. The three basic questions are the same for everyone:
- Does it do what I need it to do (functionality)
- Do I like it (ease-of-use)
- Can I afford it (price)
DataFeedWatch is a prominent and global data feed provider. How does DataFeedWatch fit into the growing landscape of data feed tools? This article will provide you with a market overview and compare us with other tools, so you can assess if DataFeedWatch may indeed be good for you.
What do you need a data feed tool for?
Data feed optimization tools can do three things for you:
1. Meet the requirements:
Your data feed file must be according the feed specifications of each channel that you want to advertise on. That is the only way to get your products uploaded and have the channel approve your feed.
2. Improve feed quality
If your product ads contain better information than your competitors’, you are more likely to make the sale. Better data = more sales
3. Increase ROI
You improve campaign performance by focusing on profitable products and by bidding on the most important attributes. A feed that contains the right products and includes data on margin, season, product type, etc. , will enable the campaign manager to boost his ROI tremendously.
There are probably hundreds of data feed tools in the world. All tools are able to create data feeds according to the feed specifications of shopping channels. Most of them just offer an export of the product data to a shopping channel (in the right format), with no or limited functionality to optimize. The advantage of these tools is that they are free or cheap.
Only a small number of tools offer ‘full functionality’ that enable merchants to optimize their feed in such a way that it will really improve his performance.
Acquisio, a leading digital advertising solution, published a market study in their blog post How to select a Shopping Data Feed Tool.
How does DataFeedWatch compare to other data feed tools?
DataFeedWatch is among the tools that offer “full functionality”.
- It offers more functionality than the numerous free and cheap tools and is available.
- It is more affordable than the other tools with full functionality, because there is no minimum fee and you only pay for the services that you use.
- DataFeedWatch is more intuitive and easier to use than the other full functionality tools
Comparing the most important data feed tools
Small/Medium sized Retailers (SMB): what tool to select?
If you only want to export your product data to a shopping channel, you are best off with a free plug-in/extension in your shopping cart. The same goes for very small retailers who cannot afford to spend any money on data feeds.
If you do have a need for data feed optimization in order to improve your campaign performance, you should invest in a tool.
DataFeedWatch is one of the few tools that offer full functionality, for as little as $29/month. A small monthly fee is easily earned back, by always sending high quality data to your shopping channels and by making sure that non-performing products are removed from your feeds.
Large Retailers: what tool to select?
Data feed optimization is crucial for large retailers and only a tool with full functionality will do. If you want multiple services from a single provider (data feed optimization, bid management, where to buy, etc.), you are best off with an all-in-one-tool like Channel Advisor.
If you are looking for a best-in-breed solution for data feed optimization alone (and possibly combine it with other best-in-breed services), DataFeedWatch is a good option:
- 100% dedicated to data feed optimization
- More intuitive than other tools (training is available but usually not needed)
- By only charging for the services that you need, it is more affordable than other tools.
Online Marketing Agencies: what tool to select?
Agencies need full functionality as well, when optimizing feeds for numerous ecommerce clients. Most agencies use a wide variety of best-in-breed solutions for all marketing activities that they deploy. DataFeedWatch is a good option for them for several reasons:
- More intuitive than other tools (ppc-managers can operate DataFeedWatch without training)
- No separate charge for each shop. Agency pricing enables them to optimize data feeds for small and large customers at an incremental cost of $2 for every 1,000 products.
- Agencies can create sub-accounts for their customers or account managers, so they get access to their own data feeds and performance statistics.